India won the second ODI match of the ongoing series during the West Indies tour in 2022, along with that India also sealed the 3-match ODI series.
West Indies won the toss and elected to bat first, hosts scored 311 runs with the help of Shai Hope’s century, Pooran’s solid knock of 74, and good cameos from other players as well. While chasing Indian batters also did well, Axar Patel stole the show from his batting skills by scoring 65 runs in just 35 balls including 3 fours & 5 sixes.
Here is the list of all the statistics from the 2nd ODI:
1. 115: Shai Hope became the 10th batter to score a century in his 100th match of ODI cricket. He is also the 4th Caribbean player to do so.
2. 115: 4th highest individual score in the 100th ODI match.
3. 100: India registered the 4th highest number of runs in between 41-50 overs in a successful run chase.
4. 311: 3rd highest target successfully chased in West Indies.
5. 12: India registered the most consecutive bilateral ODI series wins against a team in the history of ODI cricket.